Get online dog training from certified dog behavior consultants.
We're not just bloggers or YouTube stars. We're actual animal behavior experts.
From serious aggression to potty training troubles, we're here to help.
Our team is certified with the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants and has years of experience working with:
- Aggression (dog and cat)
- Anxiety (dog and cat)
- Canine Cognitive Dysfunction
- Cat-Dog Introductions
- Fear/Phobias (cat and dog)
- Litterbox Issues
- Separation Anxiety
We offer one-on-one video calls to resolve complex issues and ongoing email support for long-term training goals
See Online Dog Training Offerings
Start your journey to a better life with your pet.
Get advice on your pet's behavior from a professional dog behavior consultant - not just "some blogger."
Explore the Free Training Files
You, Your Dog, and Your Situation are Unique. So is Our Approach.
Your pet does not need a "proven system" or a "7-step program." Your pet needs a personalized plan that involves your home, pet, and goals individually.
Your Journey Dog Training training plan involves considerations for:
- Your experience, time budget, and financial allowance.
- Your pet's genetics, epigenetics, and breeding.
- Your pet's past socialization, training, and experience.
- Your pet's diet, outlets, and environment.
Bobbi emailed Journey Dog Training to ask about her dog Millie. Bobbi said that Millie was impulsive, always wanting attention, and obstinate.
Millie bit when she was tired and bit when she wanted something from Bobbi. She whined and barked in the crate. She chased the cats, barked constantly, paced, and destroyed the inside of the house.
Bobbi said, “The [problems are] constant, from waking to sleeping.”
Bobbi signed up for one month of email and text support with Kayla, our head trainer.
Bobbi’s goal: “Is to be able to love Millie like I loved my other Aussie.”
We started small:
- Exercise. We came up with an exercise plan that exhausted Millie without overexerting Bobbi.We also had to focus on reframing Bobbi’s mindset about Millie’s exercise. Bobbi was thinking of exercise as a reward for Millie’s good behavior – but it actually was a prerequisite so Millie could be relaxed enough to learn.
- Lifestyle. We implemented the SMART x 50 training technique to start showing Millie that she can get paid for good behavior.
- Training. With Millie’s exercise needs being met, we started working on Karen Overall’s Relaxation Protocol and teaching Millie to “just be” – alone, in the crate, and quiet. This is hard for some working dogs!
Of course, there was a bit more to it than just that – but we’re thrilled to report that Millie and Bobbi went from near a breaking point in their relationship to living in harmony together.
"She and I were very much in tune and she was very even in her temperament from morning till night... I was very relieved that I did not have to stop or even address bad behaviors or accept and adapt to them. You have been so helpful. This was the best week ever with Millie since she came to our house. The results are where we need to be to get more training and build a stronger relationship between us. I can tolerate her more and am even able to go out for a second round of exercise in the leash-free pasture each day. I am very thankful for your help." - Bobbi R., after one week of email support.
Read More Testimonials