Left Alone: Solutions for Separation Anxiety
Does your dog panic when you leave for work? Are you constantly planning your absences to avoid a destroyed door, noise complaints from barking, or shredded blankets? Are you ready to get your dog (and yourself) some help with separation anxiety? All of these issues will be addressed in our upcoming course, Left Alone: Solutions for Separation Anxiety.
Sign Up Now
What You Need to Know Now:
Dates: March 3, 2019 through April 20, 2019
Price: $120 for full access, email for scholarship information.
Sign Up By: March 1, 2019.
Class Size Capped At: 20 students.
Minimum Class Size: 5 students.
6 Weeks of Learning for Just $120: What You'll Get
- Six week online class
- Private Facebook group for discussions, sharing videos, and more
- Video training demonstration posted to the Facebook group.
- Video training lecture posted to the Facebook group per week.
- Written lectures emailed to you each week
- Written homework and journaling exercises emailed to you every week
- The ability to ask specific questions (about the material, your training, or your dog) in the Facebook group
- The ability to post videos of your training to the Facebook group for feedback from me
- BONUS - we'll schedule the video lectures and training demos at a time that works for the most students possible so that you can interact with me LIVE as much as possible!
What the Course Covers:
- Discussion on medication and supplemental aids
- How to manage a dog with separation anxiety
- How enrichment and interactive toys can help
- What technology can bring to the table
- Teaching foundation skills/learning and independence training skills (mat)
- Desensitization and counterconditioning - the cornerstone of behaviour modification
- Body language and stress behaviours
- Karen Overall’s Relaxation Protocol (KORP)
- Choosing a layout or confinement area- discussion of options and layouts.
- Increasing absences - building duration
This class is designed to help set you and your dog up for success and continued problem-solving going forward together. You'll learn how to understand and treat your dog's separation anxiety.
Erin Jones, Certified Dog Behavior Consultant and Certified Professional Dog Trainer, has worked with thousands of anxious, fearful and aggressive dogs over the years for Companion Veterinary Clinic, her own training practice, and has been contracted by several clinics and training facilities throughout Canada.
And now, as well as writing for Journey Dog Training, she works as a remote behaviour consultant while doing her PhD in Human-Animal Studies in New Zealand.
And she's here to help you.
Sign Up Now
- Weekly journaling and homework
- Management that will work with your life
- Step-by-step treatment protocol
- Teaching independence
- How dogs learn and foundation skills for successful communication
- Karen Overall's Relaxation Protocol
- Canine body language
- What's a threshold and why is this so important?
- Counterconditioning and desensitization
- Behavioral wellness for dogs
This class is right for you if:
- You have a dog that is distressed when you leave the house, OR,
- You are planning on getting a puppy or new adult dog and want to prevent separation anxiety.
This class isn't right for you if:
- Your dog has harmed themselves when left alone.
If you fall into the second category, I can still help via private training.