Keeping Kids Safe and Dogs Happy
Does your dog tend to hide when the nieces and nephews visit? Are you expecting or new parents who want to ensure harmony in your home going forward? Does your dog bark at children at the park? All of these common behavior concerns will be addressed in our upcoming course, Keeping Kids Safe and Dogs Happy.
Sign Up Now
What You Need to Know Now:
Dates: January 20, 2019 through March 8, 2019
Price: $120 for full access, email for scholarship information.
Sign Up By: January 15, 2019.
Class Size Capped At: 20 students.
Minimum Class Size: 5 students.
6 Weeks of Learning for Just $120: What You'll Get
- Six week online class
- Private Facebook group for discussions, sharing videos, and more
- Video training demonstration posted to the Facebook group every week.
- Video training lecture posted to the Facebook group per week.
- Written lectures emailed to you each week
- Written homework and quizzes emailed to you each week
- The ability to ask specific questions (about the material, your training, your dog, and/or your children) in the Facebook group
- The ability to post videos of your training to the Facebook group for feedback from me
- BONUS - we'll schedule the video lectures and training demos at a time that works for the most students possible so that you can interact with me LIVE as much as possible!
What the Course Covers:
- How to keep everyone safer starting TONIGHT
- How to understand your dog's body language
- How to teach your dog what you want using the most effective methods available
- Why your dog does what he does
- How to care for your dog's emotional and physical well-being so that he's more relaxed and optimistic about the world
- How to teach your dog a few basic skills that will make EVERYTHING easier
- How to teach your dog that concerning or upsetting things (like kids) are actually awesome
- How to help kids learn to interact safely with your dog.
The first half of this course focuses on keeping the kids safe. The second half focuses on keeping the dog happy. Of course, we cover both aspects of this throughout the whole class.
Kayla Fratt, Certified Dog Behavior Consultant, has worked with thousands of fearful, defensive, aggressive, and reactive dogs during her time as a private dog behavior consultant and working in the U.S.'s 4th-largest animal shelter.
Kayla's expertise as a dog behavior consultant has benefitted organizations such as The New York Times Wirecutter, PetMD, K9 of Mine, Canine Weekly, Hill's Science Diet, How Stuff Works and more!
And she's here to help you.
Sign Up Now
- Weekly quizzes and homework
- Management - keeping kids safe
- Why does my dog dislike kids, anyway?
- How to triage when things go wrong
- Hand targets
- How dogs learn
- The Human Hierarchy
- Karen Overall's Relaxation Protocol
- Canine body language
- What's a trigger? What's a threshold?
- How games can help relax your dog and teach him useful skills around kids
- Muzzles, rehoming, and other hard-to-discuss safety issues.
- Treat and retreat for kids
- Kid-friendly dog activities
- Counterconditioning and desensitization
- Teaching alternative behaviors
- Behavioral wellness for dogs
This class is right for you if:
- You have a dog that sometimes concerns you around your children, grandchildren, or other kids OR
- You are planning on having children and want to ensure your dog is set up for success
This class isn't right for you if:
- Your dog has already bitten a child or children.
- Your dog regularly and frequently displays aggressive or defensive behavior towards children in your home.
If you fall into the second category, I can still help via private training.