Join Marissa, Kayla, and Ursa as they discuss what aggression is and factors important in determining whether aggression is ever truly fixed.
- Can trigger be identified? How severe is the aggressive response? What’s the learned history?
- Can environment be managed?
- Is b mod being carried out effectively?
- Dog under threshold
- Exposure managed positively
- Significant # of trials
- Proper use and timing of reinforcement and/or unconditioned stimulus
- CER achieved
Mentioned in this episode:
Kayla is from Ashland, Wisconsin but lives in Missoula Montana. She holds a degree in biology from Colorado College and has spent years working in zoos, animal shelters, as a private dog trainer, and with working detection K9s. She is a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant. She shares her life with her border collie Barley.