Sometimes it’s fun to make a more decadent treat that is extra special for your pup. These carrot cake mini muffins are a delicious and nutritious way to spoil your dog. Perfect for packing on a picnic, taking on the trail, or just to give your dog a little something extra.
- 1 Medium carrot, grated
- ¼ C. Applesauce
- 1 Egg
- ¼ C. Peanut butter
- 1 C. Quinoa
- ½ C. Flour
- ½ Tsp. Baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line mini muffin tin with mini liners. You can also use a regular sized muffin tin with the mini liners if you do not have a smaller pan. These silicone liners are a great alternative to paper and you can use them over and over.
- Combine carrot, applesauce, egg, and peanut butter in a bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add flour and baking powder to carrot mixture and stir until there are no more flour streaks visible.
- Portion out batter into muffin tins, about one small spoonful per liner.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges start to become crisp.
- Store at room temperature for three-five days or in the freezer for up to two months.
I’m a good ol’ Midwestern transplant that moved to Colorado for mountains and adventure. I love rock climbing, writing, and eating cookies. When I’m not on the side of a cliff you can find me walking my dog, Peanut, playing piano, and blogging about my climbing adventures on The Gobi Gazette.