This post contains affiliate links. Sites like Amazon and Chewy give us a small amount of $ if you purchase something using a link from us (at no extra cost to you).
We also run advertisements on the site. Please understand that the ads are randomly generated and we do not control which ads you see when.
Sometimes it’s fun to make a more decadent treat that is extra special for your pup. These carrot cake mini muffins are a delicious and nutritious way to spoil your dog. Perfect for packing on a picnic, taking on the trail, or just to give your dog a little something extra.
- 1 Medium carrot, grated
- ¼ C. Applesauce
- 1 Egg
- ¼ C. Peanut butter
- 1 C. Quinoa
- ½ C. Flour
- ½ Tsp. Baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line mini muffin tin with mini liners. You can also use a regular sized muffin tin with the mini liners if you do not have a smaller pan. These silicone liners are a great alternative to paper and you can use them over and over.
- Combine carrot, applesauce, egg, and peanut butter in a bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add flour and baking powder to carrot mixture and stir until there are no more flour streaks visible.
- Portion out batter into muffin tins, about one small spoonful per liner.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until edges start to become crisp.
- Store at room temperature for three-five days or in the freezer for up to two months.
I’m a good ol’ Midwestern transplant that moved to Colorado for mountains and adventure. I love rock climbing, writing, and eating cookies. When I’m not on the side of a cliff you can find me walking my dog, Peanut, playing piano, and blogging about my climbing adventures on The Gobi Gazette.