I love making treats out of leftovers! It is such a nice way to clear out the fridge and put everything to use. I find I often cook too many potatoes and this easy recipe is a quick way to use up any leftover ‘taters I find on my hands.
They are also one of my dog’s favorite treats. This time around I left the room for a minute and returned to find him waiting (im)patiently on a chair for his treats!
- ½ C. Mashed potatoes, roughly four small potatoes
- ½ C. Oat flour
- ¼ C. All-purpose or whole-wheat flour
- 1 Egg
- ¼ C. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- A pinch of salt.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, no salt! Rinse and chop your potatoes and add to the water. Cook until tender and can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a blender, food processor, or by hand mash potatoes until smooth in consistency and there are no chunks larger than a pea.
- Transfer potatoes to a bowl and add all other ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Dollop tablespoon sized mounds onto the sheet and lightly flatten with wet fingertips.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges start to crisp and the bottoms are nicely browned.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.