Wouldn’t you like to be able to use up leftover grains and also create a nutrient dense and healthy treat for your dog?
Luckily you can with this versatile rice-based recipe. I like wild rice because it is a good source of protein and fiber but you can also use brown rice or quinoa.
- 1/2 C. Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C. Wild rice or rice of choice. I like this Minnesota grown variety because they keep their nutritious hulls and I’m a MN girl 🙂
- 1/4 Tsp. Baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix until a ball begins to form and there is no dry flour left.
- Use a teaspoon sized ice cream scoop, or just a teaspooon, and fill your baking sheet with little dough balls.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a golden crust begins to form.
- Allow to cool compeltely and store at room temperature for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to two months.