Have you ever found yourself with an overly ripe banana or slightly shriveled carrot that you hate to waste? If you answered yes then this is just the recipe for you.
This five-ingredient quick to assemble treat is great for using up leftover fruits and veggies that are maybe a bit passed their prime. It is also a great option for dogs that are sensitive to gluten, but you can substitute oat flour with wheat flour if you prefer.
- 1 Medium ripe banana
- 1 Medium carrot, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 2 C. Oat flour
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment
- Peel your banana and place in the microwave for 15 seconds. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Add shredded carrot, applesauce, yogurt, cinnamon and salt to bowl and stir to combine.
- Slowly add in oat flour until the dough forms a ball and just lightly sticks to your hands. You should be able to flatten it in the palm of your hand and have it peel off.
- Note: The amount of oat flour may vary slightly depending on the size of your banana and carrot so just add slowly and adjust accordingly.
- Roll out your dough onto a lightly floured surface and use a cutout to create whatever shapes you want. I like to use the wide end of a piping tip to create small circles.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until outside is firm and dry.
- Store at room temperature in an air tight container for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.