This post contains affiliate links. Sites like Amazon and Chewy give us a small amount of $ if you purchase something using a link from us (at no extra cost to you).
We also run advertisements on the site. Please understand that the ads are randomly generated and we do not control which ads you see when.
Eating your veggies is a great way to keep up on vitamins and minerals, and it is for your dog too! But just like us, most dogs don’t want to sit around and eat a bowl of spinach. These deceptively yummy dog treats pack in a lot of nutrients and your dog will love them!
- ½ Medium Zucchini, cubed
- ½ C. Spinach
- 2 Tbsp. Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- ½ C. Oats
- 1 ¼ C. Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with parchment.
- In a blender combine zucchini, spinach, applesauce, peanut butter, and egg. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer liquid to a bowl and add in oats. Stir to combine.
- Add 1 cup of flour and stir until a ball begins to form. Begin kneading by hand and continue adding flour until dough is smooth and doesn’t stick to your hands.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until treats are firm. You can leave the treats in the oven longer if you would like a harder treat, but most dogs prefer softs ones.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
I’m a good ol’ Midwestern transplant that moved to Colorado for mountains and adventure. I love rock climbing, writing, and eating cookies. When I’m not on the side of a cliff you can find me walking my dog, Peanut, playing piano, and blogging about my climbing adventures on The Gobi Gazette.