Eating your veggies is a great way to keep up on vitamins and minerals, and it is for your dog too! But just like us, most dogs don’t want to sit around and eat a bowl of spinach. These deceptively yummy dog treats pack in a lot of nutrients and your dog will love them!
- ½ Medium Zucchini, cubed
- ½ C. Spinach
- 2 Tbsp. Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- ½ C. Oats
- 1 ¼ C. Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with parchment.
- In a blender combine zucchini, spinach, applesauce, peanut butter, and egg. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer liquid to a bowl and add in oats. Stir to combine.
- Add 1 cup of flour and stir until a ball begins to form. Begin kneading by hand and continue adding flour until dough is smooth and doesn’t stick to your hands.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until treats are firm. You can leave the treats in the oven longer if you would like a harder treat, but most dogs prefer softs ones.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
I’m a good ol’ Midwestern transplant that moved to Colorado for mountains and adventure. I love rock climbing, writing, and eating cookies. When I’m not on the side of a cliff you can find me walking my dog, Peanut, playing piano, and blogging about my climbing adventures on The Gobi Gazette.