For episode one, Kayla speaks to Rebecca Hintz of Wintegrity K9 in Vacaville CA about deciding if you’re ready for a puppy.
Discussed in this episode:
- What are some of the most common reasons that someone might not be ready for a puppy?
- What factors do you think some people neglect to consider?
- Long term commitment
- Current pets
- Alone time
- Common behavior issues
- Travel or other life changes
- Time and money for training
- Is there ever a perfect time to bring home a puppy?
- Is it reasonable to start looking or getting on a waitlist before you’re 100% ready?
- Kayla goes over how she made her decision
This podcast is supported by Journey Dog Training and our Puppy Raising Blueprint course. The full course covers topics ranging from common problem behaviors and socialization to the humane hierarchy of dog training. It’s all taught by yours truly, Kayla Fratt. If you need more personalized training support, check out journeydogtraining.com – we have a variety of courses, e-books, and remote training services available. Just check out your options in the menu above.
This podcast is also supported by our members on Patreon. For as little as $3 per month, you can support this podcast and get perks like submitting questions for us to tackle at the end of each episode. Sign up over at patreon.com/pandemicpuppy.
Over the next few episodes, we’ll cover how to decide between a shelter and a breeder, then how to pick a puppy once you’ve decided where to go! Not all puppy sources OR puppies are created equal, so be sure to tune in.