Peanut just turned one and to commemorate the day I wanted to do something special.
I love having cake on my birthday and I figured why couldn’t Peanut have some too?
This is an easy and delicious recipe that both you and your dog can enjoy!
- 1 C. (100 grams) Whole Wheat flour
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- ½ C. Pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- ½ Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tsp. Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease two 4 oz. ramekins or a mini loaf pan.
- In a bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to mix.
- In a separate bowl combine the pumpkin, egg, honey, and coconut oil and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients in with the wet and mix until no flour lumps remain.
- Divide evenly between the two ramekins and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are firm and springy.
To Make the Frosting:
- Combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and honey in a bowl.
- Whisk or beat until smooth.
- Apply on top of cake and decorate.
Decorate with chopped up pieces of dog safe fruits or leave as it! Happiest of birthdays to your furry friend!
I’m a good ol’ Midwestern transplant that moved to Colorado for mountains and adventure. I love rock climbing, writing, and eating cookies. When I’m not on the side of a cliff you can find me walking my dog, Peanut, playing piano, and blogging about my climbing adventures on The Gobi Gazette.