I always look forward to Thanksgiving leftovers, but by the third day of eating mashed potatoes for every meal things can get a little boring.
Here is a quick and easy recipe to help you use up your Thanksgiving leftovers, or leftovers at any time of the year, and indulge your dog in an extra yummy treat.
- ¼ C. Mashed potatoes, plain or sweet
- ½ C. Turkey and/or ham, finely diced
- 1 Tsp. gravy
- ¼ C. Finely blended breadcrumbs
- ½ Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- If you don’t have breadcrumbs you can substitute flour, or place a slice of bread in the blender and then spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until dry at 300 F.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients until a sticky but rollable dough forms.
- Shape teaspoon sized balls and place onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the balls are firmly set and beginning to brown.
- Store in the fridge for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to two months.
I’m a good ol’ Midwestern transplant that moved to Colorado for mountains and adventure. I love rock climbing, writing, and eating cookies. When I’m not on the side of a cliff you can find me walking my dog, Peanut, playing piano, and blogging about my climbing adventures on The Gobi Gazette.