Whether you are dreaming of warm weather or basking in the blistering heat of summer, sometimes a cool treat is a nice way to change it up for your pup.
This easy three-ingredient ice cream is a refreshing and healthy treat for your pup, and it tastes so good you may even be sneaking some, too!
If you think your dog has a sensitivity to dairy, you can try substituting with this coconut yogurt or omit it
- 1 Ripe banana
- 1 C. Unsweetened Greek yogurt or alternative yogurt
- ¼ C. Peanut Butter
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon out the ice cream into silicone molds (your dog will love these bone-shaped molds), a mini muffin pan, your dog’s favorite puzzle toy, or spread into an 8×8 glass dish.
- Freeze for at least two hours. If you opted to spread the ice cream into a dish or mold, now you can pop them out or cut them and store in one larger container. For mini muffin pans, I find that dipping the bottom briefly in hot water helps loosen the ice cream blobs from their frozen home. You can also use mini muffin liners to make a pretty treat that is also easy to get out.
- Give to your pup as a nice pick-me-up on a hot day or just for the heck of it because they deserve it!
I’m a good ol’ Midwestern transplant that moved to Colorado for mountains and adventure. I love rock climbing, writing, and eating cookies. When I’m not on the side of a cliff you can find me walking my dog, Peanut, playing piano, and blogging about my climbing adventures on The Gobi Gazette.