Join Kayla and Ursa as they discuss MORE myths about dog training and dog behavior. Covered in this episode:
- Greeting a dog after an absence creates separation anxiety
- You must always end a training session on a good note
- See also: Cog-Dog Radio Proofing episode
- You need to eat first/walk thru doors first/not let your dog on furniture or your dog will be alpha
- You have to support the hierarchy between dogs
- Aggression to kids = dominance structure
- Pinch/prong collars = corrections from mom
Don’t forget to send us your myths! Email us at email@example.com.
Kayla is from Ashland, Wisconsin but lives in Missoula Montana. She holds a degree in biology from Colorado College and has spent years working in zoos, animal shelters, as a private dog trainer, and with working detection K9s. She is a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant. She shares her life with her border collie Barley.