Bringing Home Baby: Preparing Your Dog for a New Baby
This 40-minute webinar covers everything you need to know about preparing your dog for your baby’s arrival:
- Dog body language
- How to identify stress signals and triggers from your dog
- How to identify aspects of having a baby that might be tricky for your dog
- How to create a plan for you, your support team, and your dog
- Things to keep in mind when creating your training plan
- Basic behavior recommendations
- How to ensure your dog can listen even when there’s the chaos and change of a new baby
- Creating a homecoming plan for after your baby’s birth
- How to safely manage a dog and a baby while including both in your life
- How to adjust your plans as your baby grows and your dog ages
When you purchase, you’ll be sent a link to the webinar.
It’s exciting (and sometimes a bit scary) to find out that you’re expecting! This webinar will help you prepare your dog for your baby’s arrival.
This pre-recorded webinar will cover what you need to know and how to prepare. It also includes some handy rhymes to remember useful tips and a bit of myth-busting about common advice.
Kayla is from Ashland, Wisconsin but lives in Missoula Montana. She holds a degree in biology from Colorado College and has spent years working in zoos, animal shelters, and as a private dog trainer. When not working on Journey Dog Training, Kayla works at Working Dogs for Conservation. She is a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant. She shares her life with her border collie Barley.