Crate Training A to Z
Are you struggling with or confused about crate training for your dog or puppy? This 21-page e-book is a quick yet thorough introduction to crate training for your new dog.
This book is designed to help you work through basic crate training on your own. See the full outline and chapter list below.
After purchase, the book should automatically download and a link to download will also be sent to your email. Please reply to your receipt email if you cannot locate the PDF.
This book covers:
- Benefits of Crate Training
- Crating is a Trained Skill
- Crate Training Goals
- Choosing the Right Crate
- Setting up the Crate Environment for Success
- Setting Your Dog up for Success
- Daytime Crate Training
- Help! My Dog Cries in the Crate
- Nighttime Crate Training
- Releasing Your Dog from the Crate
- Training your dog to Enter the Crate on Cue
- Reaching Additional Crating Goals
- Appropriate Use of Crates
- How to Reduce the Time Your Dog Spends in the Crate
- Weaning Your Dog off the Crate
- Common Crate Training Mistakes
- Crate Training for a Lifetime
Kayla grew up in northern Wisconsin and studied ecology and animal behavior at Colorado College. She founded Journey Dog Training in 2013 to provide high-quality and affordable dog behavior advice. She’s an avid adventurer and has driven much of the Pan-American Highway with her border collie Barley. She now travels the US in a 2006 Sprinter with her two border collies, Barley and Niffler. Aside from running Journey Dog Training, Kayla also runs the nonprofit K9 Conservationists, where she and the dogs work as conservation detection dog teams.