Crate Training A to Z
Are you struggling with or confused about crate training for your dog or puppy? This 21-page e-book is a quick yet thorough introduction to crate training for your new dog.
Co-written by Alisa Healy and Kayla Fratt (Certified Dog Behavior Consultant), this book is designed to help you work through basic crate training on your own.
This book covers:
- Benefits of Crate Training
- Crating is a Trained Skill
- Crate Training Goals
- Choosing the Right Crate
- Setting up the Crate Environment for Success
- Setting Your Dog up for Success
- Daytime Crate Training
- Help! My Dog Cries in the Crate
- Nighttime Crate Training
- Releasing Your Dog from the Crate
- Training your dog to Enter the Crate on Cue
- Reaching Additional Crating Goals
- Appropriate Use of Crates
- How to Reduce the Time Your Dog Spends in the Crate
- Weaning Your Dog off the Crate
- Common Crate Training Mistakes
- Crate Training for a Lifetime
Kayla is from Ashland, Wisconsin but lives in Missoula Montana. She holds a degree in biology from Colorado College and has spent years working in zoos, animal shelters, as a private dog trainer, and with working detection K9s. She is a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant. She shares her life with her border collie Barley.