This post contains affiliate links. Sites like Amazon and Chewy give us a small amount of $ if you purchase something using a link from us (at no extra cost to you).
We also run advertisements on the site. Please understand that the ads are randomly generated and we do not control which ads you see when.
Kayla and Ursa talk about how to prepare for a new puppy.
See full show notes over at the Pandemic Puppy Podcast page.
For Further Reading:
- Guide to Dog Adoption Part 1: What Are You Looking For In a Dog?
- The “Before You Get Your Puppy” free e-book from Ian Dunbar
- Puppy Proofing YouTube Video
- Pawsitive Futures Puppy Prep Video
- Pandemic Puppy Raising Support Group on Facebook
- Sophia Yin’s Socialization Checklist
- Introducing a Puppy to an Adult Dog Who Doesn’t Love Puppies
- Housetraining primer guide
Kayla grew up in northern Wisconsin and studied ecology and animal behavior at Colorado College. She founded Journey Dog Training in 2013 to provide high-quality and affordable dog behavior advice. She’s an avid adventurer and has driven much of the Pan-American Highway with her border collie Barley. She now travels the US in a 2006 Sprinter with her two border collies, Barley and Niffler. Aside from running Journey Dog Training, Kayla also runs the nonprofit K9 Conservationists, where she and the dogs work as conservation detection dog teams.